Ardmore Shipping Corporation, Ardmore Shipping (Bermuda) Limited, Ardmore Shipping (Asia) Pte Ltd, Ardmore Shipping (Americas) LLC, Ardmore Shipping Services (Ireland) Limited, Ardmore MR Pool LLC, Ardmore Tanker Trading (Asia) Pte Ltd, and Ardmore Trading (USA) LLC, and any subsidiaries of Ardmore Shipping Corporation (collectively “Ardmore”) respect your right to privacy. This policy will outline how your personal information is collected and used and details our anti-spam commitments. By providing us with your personal information and “opting-in” to receive information from Ardmore, you consent to the policy and use of information outlined herein.
1. Personal Information
Personal information is any information that you provide to us that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your physical address
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
This privacy and anti-spam policy applies to our website www.ardmoreshipping.com, and on any social media platform where Ardmore has a presence including, but not limited to:
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information that you provide to us through our websites, including but not limited to:
a) personal information described in section 1 of this policy, and
b) activity on our website when visiting. When you visit the Ardmore website, some information may be collected automatically by the software that operates our website (i.e. the site from which you linked, your Internet Service Provider, the time and date of your visit). This information is used by our technical engineers to compile aggregate statistics about the total number of daily visitors to our site, the pages most frequently visited, and how long people stay at each page. None of the information that we report allows for the personal identification of individuals.
3. How We Use Your Information
Where we have an existing relationship with you or you have otherwise consented to do so, we may use your personal information to contact you by phone, electronic messages including but not limited to email, and social media messages to:
- Provide you with information you have requested from us
- To share industry news and information with you
- To gather information from you to improve our services
- To communicate with you in general.
4. Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit and interact with our websites and applications, we may collect other information that does not inherently reveal your specific identity, in order to learn how to best tailor our websites for our visitors. Examples of what other information we may collect and how we and third-party service providers may collect this information include:
- Cookies – A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites. It is stored in your browser while the website is being viewed. For more information on cookies, Ardmore invites you to visit the following link: allaboutcookies.org. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referring URL, and other aggregated website traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, and to personalize your experience while online.
- Browser and Device Information – Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your computer type, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the online services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the online services function properly.
- IP Address – Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the online services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering our online services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come.
5. Anti-Spam Policy
- We will only ever send you permission-based email.
- You may choose to opt-out of our mailing list at any time.
- By checking the opt-in box when signing up for a service or emailing us you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in this policy above.
- All emails sent to you will include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in this policy;
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving future electronic communication from us; and a link to this privacy and anti-spam policy
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include the name and address of the sender as well as on whose behalf the email is being sent.
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include a descriptive subject line consistent with the reason you are being contacted.
At any point in time you may opt out from receiving future communications from us by sending an email to email@example.com together with the Ardmore email address or phone number from where you received the communication and specifying that you would like to unsubscribe from future communications.
7. Sharing of Information
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties except as may be permitted or required by law.
8. Security and Privacy
We employ reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Despite the measures Ardmore has implemented, data transmitted over the internet is not guaranteed to be secure. Ardmore does not guarantee, warrant or represent that the personal information you provide will be transmitted securely, or protected completely against interception, loss, misuse or alteration. Ardmore accepts no responsibility or liability for any damages that may result where personal information submitted by you, has not been securely transmitted, has been intercepted, lost, misused or altered.
9. Third-Party Links
Some of the links on our website direct you to third party websites. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.
If you have a question, complaint or other inquiry concerning the use of your personal information or this policy please direct your inquiry to Ardmore by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy was last updated on June 2019.